About John M. Vansant, Jr.
John M. Vansant, Jr., graduated with a Juris Doctor (JD) in 1964 from Emory University Law School. Prior to law school, Vansant graduated from Emory Undergraduate School.
Upon graduation, Vansant joined U.S. Senator Herman E. Talmadge’s staff in Washington, D.C., as his legislative assistant. John Vansant served in that position on the senator’s staff for three years.
In 1967, John M. Vansant, Jr., began the private practice of law with the Washington office of the International law firm of Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton, and practiced there until he became homesick. He decided to return to his home town, Albany, Georgia, where he has enjoyed a thriving law practice since 1970.
Vansant’s speciality areas are divorce, child custody, criminal law and general litigation. He has the highest ranking (AV) from Martindale-Hubbell. He also has perfect peer review rating (5 Out of 5).
Member in good standing of the Georgia Bar Association where I was admitted on June 12, 1964, as well as the District of Columbia Bar Association where he was admitted on November 14, 1966.
John Vansant is also a member of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia and the Georgia Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
- Represented husbands and wives in over 4,000 divorce cases
- Represented fathers and mothers in over a 1000 child custody cases
- Practice has encompassed approximately twenty (20) counties constituting the Southwest Georgia area
- Has handled over 1000 DUI cases during his career
- Numerous acquittals in felony criminal cases involving arson, rape, drugs, murder, aggravated child molestation and many other categories of felonious crimes